- since 01/2015:
Member of the Leibniz Research Campus "Primate Cognition", Göttingen, Germany
- since 07/2013:
Full professor for Biological Personality Psychology at the Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany
- since 12/2008:
Associate member of the Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology (CCACE, Director: Prof. Dr. Ian J. Deary) at the Department of Psychology of the University of Edinburgh, UK (funded by the BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC und MRC)
Fellow of Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF) group "Genetic and Social Causes of Life Chances", University of Bielefeld, Germany
Principle Investigator, Courant Research Centre "Evolution of Social Behaviour"
Habilitation in psychology at Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Lecturer at the Department of Psychology of the University of Edinburgh, UK
Post-doctoral research fellow in the Disconnected Mind project (PI: Prof. Dr. Ian J. Deary) at the Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh, UK (funded by the Medical Research Council)
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter [researcher] in the DFG-funded project "Implicit and explicit sociosexuality in the context of Quickdating (speed-dating)" (PI: Prof. Dr. Jens B. Asendorpf) at the Institute of Psychology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
External Fellow, International Max Planck Research School "The Life Course: Evolutionary and Ontogentic Dynamics" (LIFE)
Graduate student of psychology at the Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter [researcher] in the DFG-funded project "Evolved implicit representations and automatic behavioral tendencies: Sociosexuality and jealousy" (PI: Prof. Dr. Jens B. Asendorpf) at the Institute of Psychology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Study of psychology at the University of Bielefeld, Germany (diploma with distinction)
- Born on 2 September 1978 in Detmold, Germany
Grants and awards
Seed funds from the Leibniz Research Campus "Primate Cognition" for the project "Hormonal reactivity, perceived dominance and nurturance, and mating success in men" (with Tobias Kordsmeyer and Julia Ostner), € 9,948.
- 2015-2020: DFG Research Training Group 2070 "Understanding Social Relationships" (Co-PI, with Tanya Behne, Julia Fischer (Speaker), Nivedita Mani, Andreas Mojzisch, Julia Ostner, Lars Penke, Hannes Rakoczy, Annekathrin Schacht, Oliver Schülke, Stefan Schulz-Hardt, Thomas Schultze-Gerlach, Markus Steinbach and Dietmar Zinner), € 3,713,315 (own part € 314,432.98).
Seed funds from the Leibniz Research Campus "Primate Cognition" for the project "Online diary study testing estrus-like changes in female sexuality" (PI, with Julia Ostner), € 10,000.
Funding from "Forschungsorientiertes Lehren und Lernen" (FoLL) for the project "Wer ist beratungsresistent (und warum)? Persönlichkeits-Prädiktoren der Ratschlagssuche und –vermeidung im täglichen Leben" (Co-PI, with Tanja Gerlach and Ruben Arslan), € 4,790.40.
Early Achievement Award of the European Association of Personality Psychology (EAPP), € 1,000.
Medical Research Council Research Grant "Brain white matter imaging and cognitive ageing in the Lothian Birth Cohort of 1936: II" (with Ian Deary (PI), Mark Bastin, John Starr and Joanna Wardlaw), £ 808,224.
PPLS Pilot Grant for the symmetry lab (PI), £ 1,658.
Infrastructur Grant for establishing a symmetry lab (PI, with Timothy Bates and Ian Deary), £ 78,000.
British Academy Overseas Conference Grant part-funded attendance at ISSID 2009 (International Society for the Study of Individual Differences), in Evanston, USA, £ 500.
Award for the best publication in the European Journal of Personality based on a Ph.D. or Master/Diploma thesis for "The evolutionary genetics of personality", £ 250.
Travel grant from the Personality Psychology and Psychological Assessment section of the German Society for Psychology, funding attendance of the summer school "Hierarchical Linear Modeling" in Syros, Greece.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie (German Society for Psychology DGPs)
- Branch Personality Psychology and Psychological Assessment (DPPD)
- Branch Social Psychology (FGSP)
- European Association of Personality Psychology (EAPP)
- International Society for Intelligence Research (ISIR)
- Human Behavior and Evolution Society (HBES)
- European Human Behaviour and Evolution Association (EHBEA)
- Menschliches Verhalten unter evolutionärer Perspektive (MVE)
- Scientific network "Personality and Social Relationships: Current State and Perspectives" (PERSOC)
- Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists™ (LFHCfS)